Stefan's Insights: Another mile stone on the way to the MARATHON
rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Another mile stone on the way to the MARATHON

The Lone Cypress,  17 Mile Drive (#12)

Image by Christopher Chan via Flickr

Last Saturday, 5:30am – I am looking out the window and rain, thunder and lightning are making a clear statement about the weather conditions. I am getting prepared for the long run today anyway – 17 Miles. Like the one in California that every tourist drives along with their card.. except I will be running it step by step this morning.

So I am mixing gatorade power in my 4 water bottles. I have a bowl of cereal, so my body has something to burn. I pack a backpack with additional bandaids, cremes, and stuff to change.

Running hat, running cloth, switching the running interval on the watch, check, check, check.

I know it will be tough towards the end of the run. My running group and me ran the 14 miler two weeks ago, but I also upped my mileage during the week.

My advise to everybody running this distance the first time – be as well prepared as you can, then think of something that keeps your mind busy. In my case it is the constant time and pace checking since I am the running group lead – it keeps your mind busy… And then I found myself at the end of the 17 miles, yes my legs hurt a bit, but I was exstatic ! I just ran this unbelievable distance !!!

This was a mental milestone for me, I think that if I can do 17, I can do 26.2 miles !

If you are reading this, please consider helping me with a donation for the AIDS foundation using this link. The fundraising deadline and the marathon are approaching quickly and your support is very important. Thank you !

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: